Friday, March 30, 2012

Patterns of Error


A few of the mistakes that I have caught myself repeating are run on sentences, grammar errors, and  another problem is how I do not read my papers more than twice when being done.

First of all, the first mistakes that I do when writing papers are having run on sentences.  I know what run on sentences are but when it comes to writing a paper I do not notice when writing them. I usually just concentrate on the paper making sense and also for each paragraph to go with each other. What I could do to improve  this mistake is going back and rereading each sentence to make sure I have complete sentences.

Secondly, another mistake that I often make is having grammar errors. In many occasions I still forget when to use the proper punctuations. When writing a paper another thing I usually tend to concentrate more on, is making sense in what I am trying to say and do not check to see that my sentences have the punctuations necessary. To be able to improve this mistake I will make sure, instead of continuing writing I should just go back to check the sentences I wrote to make sure they have the appropriate punctuations.

Finally,  I usually only go over my papers twice.  I believe that going over my paper two times is enough. When in reality to make sure I turn in a decent paper I  have to review it a couple of times. Two things I can do to make sure I turn in a well done paper is to check it a few times before turn it in. Also taking a break in between every time I go over it will help me to see more of my mistakes and turn in a better paper.


No comments:

Post a Comment